Why this tour?
Discover the spectacular Verona Arena during this walking tour with an expert local guide. Home to a world-famous annual opera festival, this amazing roman amphiteater has a fascinating history and gran modern allure. You'll also stroll through the UNESCO-listed historical center to see top Verona attractions such as Juliet's Balcony.
Meet your expert local guide at Castelvecchio for your small-group intimate guided tour. You’ll have the opportunity to discover the ancient city (more than 2000 years old) and see its star attraction: Verona Arena (Arena di Verona), a UNESCO World Heritage site. Enjoy a leisurely walk through the historical center to see Verona’s Roman ruins, enchanting churches and architectural gems from all periods. Listen to your guide's stories about Verona's remarkable urban structure which has been outstandingly preserved over thousands of years.
Arrive at Verona Arena, a Roman amphitheater built in 30 AD, and admire its architecture from the outside. This one of the best preserved structures of its kind. Learn about the damage, destruction, repairs and renovations that the arena has seen over the centuries. Hear stories about its grand arena, and discover how it once held some 30,000 spectators for its bloody games and performances. Today, the arena is internationally acclaimed for its large-scale opera performances, most notably the Verona Arena Festival (Arena di Verona Festival), a summer opera festival. Imagine the excitement of thousands of fans sitting on the tiered stone seats amid the candle-lit arena as some of the world's most highly acclaimed opera singers perform on center stage.
After learning about Verona Arena and taking photos outside, continue your tour visiting Juliet's House (Casa di Giulietta) and its famous Balcony, the house that inspired Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, and then follow your guide back to Piazza Erbe and Ponte Pietra to conclude your tour.
Don’t miss this opportunity to discover the city during the Verona walking tour!
- Exploration of the UNESCO-listed historical center of Verona;
- Outside visit of the Verona Arena (Arena di Verona), known for its internationally summer opera festival;
- Visit of Juliet’s House and balcony;
- Scenic photo opportunities;
- Limited capacity: maximum of 12 people per tour.
- Guided Tour of the center of Verona;
- Live tour commentary provided in english.
- Drinks and snacks not foreseen;
- Gratuities (optional);
- Hotel pickup and drop-off.
- Check-in is 5 minutes prior to the booked tour start time;
- Children under 18 must always be accompanied by at least one adult;
- You should wear comfortable walking shoes;
- The walking tour will take place rain or shine;
- Minimum numbers of 2 apply;
- Maximum group size is 12 people;
- Piazza Bra
- Verona Arena
- Juliet's House and balcony
- Erbe's Square
You may also like
Special Offer Price