Why this tour?
The first stop will be to visit the delightful medieval town of Soave rises at the foot of the Lessinia Mountains.
The town has many medieval characteristics, from the castle to the several palazzos built during that period.
The castle dominates the whole territory, and the walls completely enclose the old town.
These walls, built by the Della Scalas, are punctuated by 24 imposing towers, with Ghibelline crenellations (notice their swallow tail, rather than rectangular tops as cities with Guelph allegiances used instead).
This is also the production area for Soave wine – with DOC certification – comprises all or part of the municipalities of Soave, Monteforte d’Alpone, San Martino Buon Albergo, Lavagno, Mezzane, Caldiero, Colognola ai Colli, Illasi, Cazzano di Tramigna, San Bonifacio, Roncà, Montecchia di Crosara and San Giovanni Ilarione.
The use of the label “Classico” in addition to “Soave” is reserved for wine made from grapes grown and fermented in the municipalities of Soave and Monteforte d’Alpone, which is considered the original, historic, Soave winemaking territory.
From Soave you will reach the Valpolicella Region with its amazing hills : here you will visit one of the most famous vineyard to have a private guided wine tasting: the famous Amarone (one of the most famous red wine exported all over the world) and some different wines they produce and have a chance to purchase a few bottles to take with you, such as Amarone and Recioto della Valpolicella.
After your wine tasting you will reach the centre of Verona, here you will enjoy your lunch in a typical restaurant with a regional menu .
After your lunch your private guide will meet you to start a private 2 hours walking tour to visit the historical centre of Verona : the famous Roman Theatre called Arena, the house of Juliet (as in Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet), the historical Piazza delle Erbe and some of the exclusive shops around the city.
At the end of your tour meet your driver and then just sit back and enjoy the views as we return to Venice.
• Private English speaking guide
• Wine tasting in a Valpolicella vineyard
• Lunch with regional menu in Verona (2 glasses of Valpolicella red wine and mineral water included)
• 2 hours private guided tour with professional English speaking guide
• Infant seats are available on request, please specify at time of booking;
• Maximum group size is 8 people per minivan;
• This activity is not wheelchair accessible;
• Please look for the orange umbrella or sign in the minivan/ car;
• We can not be held responsible for road closures, traffic delays and transport strikes.
• Valpolicella region
You may also like
Special Offer Price