Why this tour?
Leave central Venice by air-conditioned minivan, and then travel west with your driver-guide to the region of Valpolicella, a gorgeous winemaking area spread around the city of Verona and Lake Garda. Peppered with medieval towns and rustic vineyards, Valpolicella is home to treasures aplenty that the tourist maps often miss.
Stop in the town of San Giorgio for a look inside its 13th-century church with its magnificent altar. Predating the church by nearly five centuries, the stone-canopied altar is the Church of San Giorgio’s crowning glory, beautifully preserved and complete with its original carvings.
Head outside to take in views over the lakeside town of Sirmione set against Lake Garda, and then continue your journey through the region.
Pass along country roads fringed by olive groves and vineyards, and then stop at a local winery for a tour.
Explore the vineyard and learn about the prestigious amarone wine that’s produced in the region. Translating as ‘the great bitter,’ amarone is a rich and dry red wine that’s made from partially dried Valpolicella grapes. Sample a selection of the estate’s wine, and perhaps purchase a bottle to take home, if you wish.
Continue from the rural countryside to the town of Verona, the historical home of the world’s best-known love story: Romeo and Juliet.
Enjoy roughly three hours of free time to explore the city independently.
Ask your driver-guide for a cafe recommendation for lunch (own expense), shop ‘til you drop at Piazza delle Erbe or pay a visit to Juliet’s House to see the balcony that inspired Shakespeare.
Meet your driver-guide at the prearranged time, and then relax on your journey back to Venice. Your day trip finishes with a drop-off at the start point.
- Free visit of the wonderful city of Verona;
- Discover the house of Juliet, the historical Piazza delle Erbe and some of the exclusive shops around the city;
- Guided visit to a historical winery and its vineyard in the Valpolicella wine region;
- Qualified English speaking sommelier at the winery;
- Minivan tour with high quality English speaking driver.
- Guided wine tasting;
- Transportation with air-conditioned minivan;
- High qualified English speaking driver.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off;
- Gratuities (optional);
- Entrance fees to Verona attractions.
- Infant seats are available on request, please specify at time of booking;
- Maximum group size is 8 people per minivan;
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible;
- Comfortable shoes recommended;
- Check-in is 15 minutes prior to the booked tour start time,
- Please look for the orange umbrella or sign in the minivan/ car.
You may also like
Special Offer Price