Why this tour?
Leave central Venice by air-conditioned minivan, and then travel west with your driver-guide to the region of Valpolicella, a gorgeous winemaking area spread around the city of Verona and Lake Garda. Peppered with medieval towns and rustic vineyards, Valpolicella is home to treasures aplenty that the tourist maps often miss.
On the way we have a short stop in the medieval town of Soave famous for its wine its castle and breathtaking views over the vineyards., we then continue our journey through the Valpolicella region. Pass along country roads fringed by olive groves and vineyards, and then stop at a local estate and visit the winery for a tour and wine tasting. Explore the vineyard and learn about the prestigious Amarone wine that’s produced in the region. Translating as ‘the great bitter,’ Amarone is a rich and dry red wine that’s made from partially dried Valpolicella grapes. Sample a selection of the estate’s wine, and perhaps purchase a bottle to take home, if you wish.
Continue from the rural countryside to the town of Verona, the historical home of the world’s best-known love story: Romeo and Juliet.
Enjoy roughly three hours of free time to explore the city independently.
Ask your driver-guide for a cafe recommendation for lunch (own expense), shop ‘til you drop at Piazza delle Erbe or pay a visit to Juliet’s House to see the balcony that inspired Shakespeare
Meet your English speaking driver at the prearranged time, and then relax on your journey back to Venice. Your day trip finishes with a drop-off at the start point.
- Short stop at the medieval town of Soave;
- Free visit of the wonderful city of Verona;
- Discover the house of Juliet, the historical Piazza delle Erbe and some of the exclusive shops around the city;
- Guided visit to a historical winery and its vineyard in the Valpolicella wine region;
- Qualified English speaking sommelier at the winery;
- Minivan tour with high quality English speaking driver.
- Guided wine tasting;
- Transportation with air-conditioned minivan;
- High qualified English speaking driver.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off;
- Gratuities (optional);
- Entrance fees to Verona attractions.
- Infant seats are available on request, please specify at time of booking;
- Maximum group size is 8 people per minivan;
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible;
- Comfortable shoes recommended;
- Check-in is 15 minutes prior to the booked tour start time,
- Please look for the orange umbrella or sign in the minivan/ car.
- We can not be held responsible for road closures, traffic delays and transport strikes,
You may also like
Special Offer Price