Why this tour?
Venice in a day tour is a combination tour, of 4 of our most popular tours taken in Venice and the best way to spend your time in Venice. The tour is composed of four parts and allows you to discover all of Venice’s most important places including the skip-the-line entrance into Saint Mark's Basilica and the Doge's Palace, a Classic Gondola ride, and a relaxing Grand Canal Boat tour to end your day.
You'll start your day with a shared gondola ride our Classical Gondola ride, that takes you on a 30 minute round trip starting on the Grand Canal and then through the smaller canals. It is the perfect way to appreciate the beauty, charm and colour of this unique city built on water. Feel part of an ancient Venetian tradition and experience Venice as the locals have for more than a thousand years.
Than after a short walk you will meet our assistant from Venice Events and your english speaking guide. Be intrigued by the fascinating history of La Serenissima and enter with your skip the line ticket into the Saint Marks Basilica. It also includes entrance fees to get a closer look at the breath taking mosaics of the Pala d’Oro the Golden altar, universally recognized as one of the most refined and accomplished works of Byzantine craftsmanship.
We than continue to skip the line with our special pass into the Doge’s Palace, crossing the Bridge of Sighs and visiting its prisons cells. The Palace is a magnificent combination of Byzantine, Gothic and Renaissance architecture, in the heart of Venice. Once the residence of the Doge, the elected ruler of the city, and his counsellors, it became the centre of the Venetian Empire and the seat of the Government. The Doge's Palace was opened as a museum in 1923.
After the Doge's Palace, you have a short break and then at 16:30 there is no better way to end your Venice in a day by picking-up a private motor launch (water taxi) which will take you on a 1 hour boat ride along the most spectacular high street in the world "Venice’s Grand Canal" giving you a great overall view of the city covering many of the “sestieri” (areas).
Take advantage of the great discount when booking 4 of our most popular tours in Venice!
Monday to Saturday
Gondola Ride: 9:40am
Saint Mark's Basilica Doge's Palace: 11:15am
Grand Canal Cruise: 4:30pm
Gondola Ride: 11:00am
Saint Mark's Basilica Doge's Palace: 2:00pm
Grand Canal Cruise: 4:30pm
- Combine super saver includes 4 of the best-selling tours in Venice;
- 30 minutes’ Classic gondola ride along the Grand Canal and smaller canals;
- 2 hours skip the line walking tour of Saint Mark's Square, inside the Saint Mark's Basilica and the Doge's Palace;
- 1 Hour afternoon private motor launch tour of the Grand Canal and the Guidecca canal;
- Fully licensed English speaking guide;
- Great photos opportunities!
- 30 minutes shared Classic gondola ride;
- Guided Tour of The Grand Canal;
- Guided Tour of The Saint Mark's Basilica and The Doge's Palace;
- Admission fees;
- Live tour commentary provided in English;
- Audio headset for tour commentary while more than 10 pax on group;
- Skip the Line entrance to the Saint Mark's Basilica and Doge's Palace;
- Private water taxi for Grand Canal Boat tour.
- The classic gondola ride is not guided;
- Upstairs of Saint Marks Basilica is not included;
- Secret itineraries of Doge's Palace – we do not enter into these rooms.
- Optional gratuities;
- Hotel pick up and drop off;
- Food and Drink.
- Check-in is 15 minutes prior to the booked tour start time;
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible;
- Maximum group size is 25 people;
- This activity operates rain or shine;
- This tour in gondola is not guided. Shared gondola with max. 6 people per gondola;
- Shoulders and knees must be covered in the Basilica;
- Backpacks are not allowed inside the Basilica and Doge's Palace;
- Our assistant will be holding an orange umbrella and a sign with the name of the tour so she is easy to find;
- On very few occasions Saint Mark's Basilica may be closed due to religious ceremonies, public holidays, private events or high water and we are not always informed in advance. The Basilica and the Square will be done externally only and the Doge's Palace will be 1-hour and 30 minutes; total length of tour (Basilica Doge's Palace) 2 hours;
- If you wish to spend more time inside the Doge's Palace independently after the tour your museum pass will allow you to do so;
- At the end of the tour, keep your Doge's Palace ticket to visit: Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana in Saint Mark's square.
- Classic Gondola Ride
- Saint Mark's Basilica, Skip the line
- Golden Altar
- The Magnificent Doge's Palace, Skip the line
- Cross the bridge of Sighs
- Grand Canal Small Boat Tour
You may also like
Special Offer Price