Why this tour?
Venice in a day tour is a combination city tour, of 4 of our most popular tours taken in Venice and the best way to spend your time in Venice.
The tour is composed of four parts and allows you to discover all of Venice’s most important places including the skip-the-line entrance into the Doge's Palace and the Saint Mark's Basilica, a Classic Gondola ride, and a relaxing Grand Canal Boat tour to end your day.
You'll start your day with a shared gondola ride our Classical Gondola ride, that takes you on a 30 minute round trip starting on the Grand Canal and then through the smaller canals. It is the perfect way to appreciate the beauty, charm and colour of this unique city built on water.
Feel part of an ancient Venetian tradition and experience Venice as the locals have for more than a thousand years.
After the gondola ride, you will reach Saint Mark's square with our assistant from Venice Events and then you will meet your professional guide.
Be intrigued by the fascinating history of La Serenissima and enter with your skip the line ticket into the Doge’s Palace, crossing the Bridge of Sighs and visiting its prisons cells. The Palace is a magnificent combination of Byzantine, Gothic and Renaissance architecture, in the heart of Venice. Once the residence of the Doge, the elected ruler of the city, and his counsellors, it became the centre of the Venetian Empire and the seat of the Government. The Doge's Palace was opened as a museum in 1923.
The tour then continues into Saint Marks Basilica, which majestically symbolizes the lagoon and enshrines the city’s history and Saints relics.
With its awe – inspiring gold mosaics our talented guide will walk you through the church.
In the afternoon, at 3:30pm or 4:30 pm (depends on our availability) there is no better way to end your Venice in a day by picking-up a private motor launch (water taxi) which will take you on a 1 hour boat ride along the most spectacular high street in the world "Venice’s Grand Canal" giving you a great overall view of the city covering many of the “sestieri” (areas).
Take advantage of the great discount when booking 4 of our most popular tours in Venice!
Monday to Saturday
Gondola Ride: 9:40am (30 min)
Saint Mark's Basilica Doge's Palace: 10:30am (2 hours)
Grand Canal Cruise: 3:30 or 4:30pm (1 hour)
Gondola Ride: 11:00am (30 min)
Saint Mark's Basilica Doge's Palace: 2:00pm (2 hours)
Grand Canal Cruise: 4:30pm (1 hour)
• Fully licensed English speaking guide;
• Great photos opportunities!
- 30 minutes’ Classic gondola ride along the Grand Canal and smaller canals;
- 2-hour skip the line walking tour of Saint Mark's Square, inside the Saint Mark's Basilica and the Doge's Palace;
- 1 Hour afternoon private motor launch tour of the Grand Canal and the Giudecca canal;
- Admission fees;
- Live tour commentary provided in English;
- Audio headset for tour commentary while more than 10 pax on group;
- The classic gondola ride is not guided;
- Upstairs of Saint Marks Basilica is not included;
- Secret itineraries of Doge's Palace – we do not enter into these rooms.
- Optional gratuities;
- Hotel pick up and drop off;
- Food and Drink.
• Check-in is 15 minutes prior to the booked tour start time;
• This activity is not wheelchair accessible;
• This activity operates rain or shine;
• This tour in gondola is not guided. Shared gondola with max. 6 people per gondola;
• Shoulders and knees must be covered in the Basilica;
• Backpacks are not allowed inside the Basilica and Doge's Palace;
• On very few occasions Saint Mark's Basilica may be closed due to religious ceremonies, public holidays, private events or high water and we are not always informed in advance. The Basilica and the Square will be done externally only and the Doge's Palace will be 1-hour and 30 minutes; total length of tour (Basilica Doge's Palace) 2 hours;
• At the end of the tour, keep your Doge's Palace ticket to visit: Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana in Saint Mark's square.
• Classic Gondola Ride 9:40 am from Monday to Saturday - at 11:00 am on Sunday;
• The Magnificent Doge's Palace, Skip the line 10:45 am from Monday to Saturday 2 pm on Sunday;
• Cross the bridge of Sights;
• Skip the line;
• Grand Canal Small Boat Tour from Monday to Sunday 3.30 or 4.30 pm
You may also like
Special Offer Price