Why this tour?
This combined gondola and gastronomic walking tour will wet your tastebuds and allow you to discover the delights of the original Venetian Aperitif.
A qualified guide will accompany you to authentic bars and taverns in the Rialto area, allowing you to taste Venetian delicacies and local wines.
The perfect way to way to enjoy the Venetian way of life, discover curious and hidden locations, whilst tasting fantastic food and drink.
Start the tour at 3.00 pm with a classic gondola ride through the lagoon city of Venice and admire the city built on stilts.
After the gondola tour you will have free time enough to reach the second meeting point for the Bacaro tour at 6.00 pm
Step out and follow your guide as they introduce the surrounding area of Rialto, and learn about why it is one of the most famous markets in Europe.
Discover why the Venetians have continued with this gastronomic tradition until today.
During the tour you will be taken to hidden bars, that are found off the beaten track.
Meander with the locals, embrace their culture, whilst enjoying local wines and discovering the endless selection of cicchetti on offer.
Sip on a cool glass of Prosecco, whilst tasting the local Baccalà, or simply taste a rich Merlot and seasonal vegetables cooked in the traditional Venetian way.
During the tour you will visit two popular bars and will taste a glass of wine and a choice of cicchetti in each one.
This tour will introduce you to the true Venetian Aperitif and will give you the confidence to go off and discover other taverns and cicchetti for yourselves.
A great way to meet people and relax after a long day of sight-seeing.
- PROGRAM -
• GONDOLA TOUR
Departure at 3.00 pm
Meet us 15 min before in front of the post office in Calle Larga Ascensione 1256, San Marco
• BACARO TOUR
Departure at 6.00 pm
Meet us 15 min before in Campo San Bortolomio (Rialto), in front to the statue of Goldoni
• Walking tour to discover the typical venetian bacari
• Experience the taste and delights of the famous Venetian Aperitif
• Fully qualified local guide
- Shared gondola ride
- Guided tour of the Rialto area, including wine and food tasting in 3 different bacari
- A glass of wine in 3 different locations and accompanying Venetian Cichetti (Tapas)
- Live tour commentary in English
- Optional gratuities;
- Hotel pick up and drop off.
• Check-in is 15 minutes prior to booked tour start time;
• This activity is not wheelchair accessible;
• The walking tour will take place rain or shine;
• Shared gondola ride (max 6 people per gondola);
• Children's drinks are not included and will be paid directly by the client;
• This is not a restaurant tour but a standing tour, "drink & go";
• Gondola 30 min from 15:00 to 15:30 and bacaro tour from 18:00 to 19:45
• Gondola ride close to Saint Mark's
• Rialto Bridge and Market area
• 3 traditional Venetian bacari
• Wine and food
You may also like
Special Offer Price