Why this tour?
Discover Venice’s most unusual and characteristic corners during this combination tour consisting of a gondola ride along the Grand Canal and minor canals, where you will see the city from the water followed by a charming walking tour to see lesser-known Venice.
In the first part of this tour you will board a Gondola, discovering this famous means of Venetian transportation. Relax aboard this historic vessel, enjoying the thrills of both the Grand Canal and minor canals. Admire Venice from this amazing point of view, witness its magnificent architecture and whilst gliding under its bridges, discover secret entrances to the elegant Palaces and hidden corners.
The thirty minute gondola ride, concludes in campo San Moisè where you will meet your guide for your walking tour.
Let yourself be lead through the labyrinth of alleyways, squares or “campi” and hear about the history, stories and the local Venetian dialect. On leaving the square, you will stop in front of the Fenice Theatre, one of the most famous Opera House's in Europe, learn about its glorious but also troubled history. Passing through other hidden corners of the city you will be able to discover the history of Venice, through its prominent architectural sights. Admire the Bovolo Staircase, a Renaissance masterpiece, and one of Venice's finest architectural jewels; this fascinating and complex spiral staircase is part of the Palazzo Contarini del Bovolo and dates from 1499. It is tucked away in a small courtyard close to Campo Manin. Before heading back towards Saint Mark's Square, you will make a stop close to the Rialto Bridge, the oldest bridge across the Grand Canal and discover what made it the historical center of the commercial area of the city.
The tour ends in campo San Luca, just a short walk from the Rialto Bridge.
- Guided tour of the area covering Saint Mark's Square and the Rialto Bridge;
- 2-hour walking tour of lesser-known Venice and gondola ride;
- Personal audio system and headset for tour commentary;
- Live tour commentary provided in English, French, Spanish or German.
- The first part of the tour does NOT include a commentary on Piazza San Marco;
- This tour does not include inside visits to museums or attractions;
- Optional gratuities;
- Hotel pick up and drop off;
- Food and drink.
- Check-in is 15 minutes prior to booked tour start time;
- This is an external walking tour only;
- Shared gondola with max. 6 people per gondola;
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible;
- The walking tour will take place rain or shine;
- For all late arrivals or no show, NO REFUND.
• Gondola ride
• Saint Mark's square
• The Fenice Theatre
• Bovolo Staircase
• Rialto Bridge
• Campo San Luca
You may also like
Special Offer Price