Why this tour?
Discover one of the world’s most majestic cathedrals, a true masterpiece of Byzantine art in the heart of Venice.
During this one hour guided tour you will be introduced to the history behind the prominent sights of St Mark's Square and the golden Basilica.
An official guide will provide you with a wealth of information regarding Saint Mark's Square and then accompany you on a detailed tour of the Golden Basilica from Saint Mark's square, once the private chapel of the Doge of Venice, the only one of its kind in Italy, thanks to the sumptuous golden mosaics and impressive marble inlay flooring.
During the tour you will be able absorb the atmosphere whilst listening to your guide who will describe the biblical scenes represented throughout the building, together with history and particularities of this ancient Basilica.
Visit Saint Mark's Basilica first floor museum and see the famous horses and admire Saint Mark's Square from the Basilica's terrace.
The tour lasts one hour and concludes outside the Basilica in Saint Mark's Square.
• Admire Saint Mark's Square from the Basilica's terrace
- 1hour guided walking tour of Saint Mark's Square and its Basilica (from outside)
- Personal audio system and headset for tour commentary
- Live tour commentary provided in English, French, Spanish, German or Italian
- Saint Mark's Basilica first floor museum and the terrace
- Optional gratuities
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Food and drink
- Pala d'oro
• Check-in is 15 minutes prior to the booked tour start time;
• This activity is not wheelchair accessible;
• Backpacks are not allowed
• The tour will take place rain or shine;
• From the 1st of November to the 31st of March there is no skip-the-line entrance to the Basilica;
• Tour may be affected in case of high tides.
• Saint Mark's square
• Saint Mark's Basilica
• Saint Mark's Basilica first floor museum and the terrace
You may also like
Special Offer Price