Why this tour?
This exclusive evening walking tour organised solely by Venice Events will provide you access to Saint Mark’s Basilica, one of the most spectacular cathedrals in the world, after closing time. Enter this Byzantine treasure trove with just your guide and the church custodian, out of hours. Leave the crowds outside, while you discover the peace and serenity of this spiritual location, what was once the private chapel of the Doge of Venice.
Starting in Saint Mark’s Square, our qualified local guide will introduce you another side of Venice and its origins. Enjoy fantastic tales of tyranny and embrace the dynamic history of Venice, whilst discovering the history of the most dramatic and awe-inspiring building in Venice, Saint Mark’s Basilica.
Without the need to skip the queues or wait behind hundreds of other sightseers you will enter this sumptuous building, when all of the other tourists have long gone.
The clink of the custodian's key as he opens the doors for your group will be the start of this very special and moving experience.
Without the buzz of a thousand tourists, relish the glorious golden mosaics, all 43,000 square feet, illuminated just for this tour. Your passionate, and expert guide will explain the intricate works and history of the ornate decoration found throughout this architectural masterpiece. Witness the Pala d’Oro, one of the most refined and accomplished examples of Byzantine enamel, and decorated with over 1,900 gems.
As the Basilica has been opened just for this intimate tour, you will also be able to visit areas that otherwise are not open to the masses, such as the crypt, where the relics of Saint Mark are said to be laid.
Venice Event’s personally selected guide will ensure your small group can embrace the art and history of this sacred location.
There will be no more than 6 groups in any one time in the Basilica, and therefore, ensuring this one and a half hour tour is a once-in-a lifetime experience.
- We enter into the Saint Mark's Basilica all alone when the cathedral is closed to the general public;
- A unique, fully guided walking tour of the Basilica out of hours, without the crowds!;
- Venice Event’s personally selected guide will ensure your group can embrace the art and history of this sacred location;
- We keep our groups small - no more than 15 people per group with a maximum of 6 groups per day therefore ensuring this is a once-in-a lifetime experience;
- We visit the Pala D'oro, and the crypt where the relics of Saint Mark are said to be laid.
- Exclusive access for Venice Events' groups to Saint Mark's Basilica after hours;
- Small groups of 15 people or less; a maximum of 6 groups per day;
- Includes Saint Mark's Square, inside Saint Mark's Basilica and its breathtaking mosaics, the Crypt, normally not accessible and the Pala d’Oro altarpiece;
- 1 hour and 30 minutes guided walking tour;
- Highly qualified Venice Events tour guide.
- Admission to the upper floor of the Basilica and the treasury;
- Optional gratuities;
- Hotel pick up and drop off;
- Food and drink.
- Check-in is 15 minutes prior to the booked tour start time;
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible;
- Shoulders and knees must be covered in the Basilica;
- Backpacks are not allowed inside the Basilica;
- The tour will take place rain or shine;
- Pick up from a centrally located meeting point.
- Saint Mark's Square.
- Saint Mark’s Basilica.
- The Pala d’Oro.
- The Crypt.
You may also like
Special Offer Price