Why this tour?
This gastronomic walking tour will wet your tastebuds and allow you to discover the delights of the original Venetian Aperitif. A qualified guide will accompany you to authentic bars and taverns in the Rialto area, allowing you to taste Venetian delicacies and local wines. The perfect way to way to enjoy the Venetian way of life, discover curious and hidden locations, whilst tasting fantastic food and drink.
The tour starts with a short introduction surrounding the area of Rialto, and just why it is one of the most famous markets in Europe. With curiosity and glimpses into the Venetian way of life over history, you will discover why the Venetians have continued with this gastronomic tradition until today. During the tour you will be taken to hidden bars, that are found off the beaten track. Meander with the locals, embrace their culture, whilst enjoying local wines and discovering the endless selection of cicchetti on offer. Sip on a cool glass of Prosecco, whilst tasting the local Baccalà, or simply taste a rich Merlot and seasonal vegetables cooked in the traditional Venetian way.
During the tour you will visit three popular bars and will taste a glass of wine and a choice of cicchetti in each one.
This tour will introduce you to the true Venetian Aperitif and will give you the confidence to go off and discover other taverns and cicchetti for yourselves. A great way to meet people and relax after a long day of sight-seeing.
This 1 hour and 45 minute tour concludes at the last tavern, in the Rialto area.
- Walking tour to discover the famous bars and taverns (Baccari) of Venice;
- Experience the taste and delights of the famous Venetian Aperitif;
- Fully qualified local guide;
- Wine and food included;
- Pick up from a centrally located meeting point.
- Guided tour of the Rialto area, including wine and food tasting in three different bars;
- A glass of wine in three different locations and accompanying Venetian Cichetti (Tapas);
- Tours are provided in English, French, Spanish or German.
- Optional gratuities;
- Hotel pick up and drop off;
- Food and drink.
- The tour could be bilingual accordingly to the number of partecipants;
- This is an external walking tour only;
- Check-in is 15 minutes prior to booked tour start time;
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible;
- The walking tour will take place rain or shine;
- Children's drinks are not included and will be paid directly by the client.
- Rialto Bridge and Market area;
- 3 traditional Venetian taverns;
- Wine and food.
You may also like
Special Offer Price