Why this tour?
Discover the Doge's Palace, one of the most important symbols of Venice and for centuries, the historical seat of the most important political power of the Serene Venetian Republic.
Meet your professional guide in Saint Mark's Square who will escort you into this magnificent palace, to visit the halls of power, and immerse yourself in medieval Europe, among hundreds of masterpieces.
Dominating Saint Mark's Square, the heart of Venice, the Doge's Palace stands out for its size and its extraordinary structure, where Byzantine, European and Oriental architecture collide. Immediately entering the Palace you will pass through the great courtyard and admire the wealth of detail on the famous Golden Staircase.
Once inside the Palace, you will visit the halls where the Duke (Doge) and his Council controlled the fate of the Serene Republic, whilst surrounded by hundreds of artistic masterpieces and discover the political history of Venice and its people. You will be able to admire the paintings realised by some of the most important artists of the Italian Renaissance, amongst them, the world's largest oil painting by Tintoretto. Passing through the famous Bridge of Sighs, you will reach the new prisons. The bridge was given its name by the English poet Lord Byron, probably referring to the last breath of the prisoners, who had their last view of the lagoon and of Venice from the window of this bridge, before they were to be imprisioned.
This guided tour concludes in the courtyard of the Doge's Palace. Here it will be possible for you to stay longer inside the Palace absorbing the history and mystery of days gone by.
• Admire the world′s largest oil painting by Tintoretto;
• View the impressive halls of the Sala del Maggior Consiglio;
• Visit the prisons of the Doge's Palace by crossing the Bridge of Sighs;
- Guided tour of the Doge's Palace;
- Admission fees to the Doge's Palace and skip the line;
- Live tour commentary provided in English, French, German, Spanish or Italian;
- Personal audio system and headset for tour commentary;
- Pick up from centrally located meeting point.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off;
- Food and drink;
- Optional gratuities;
- Hidden itineraries in the Doge's Palace.
• Check-in is 15 minutes prior to booked tour start time;
• This tour is not suitable if you have limited mobility;
• This activity is not wheelchair accessible;
• Backpacks are not allowed inside the Doge's Palace;
• This tour operates rain or shine;
• Tour may be affected in case of high tides;
• At the end of the tour, keep your Doge's Palace ticket to visit: Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana in Saint Mark's square.
• The Doge's Palace
• Bridge of Sighs
• Correr museum (on your own with the same ticket)
You may also like
Special Offer Price