Why this tour?
Enjoy a great relaxing day away from the crowded metropolis of Rome. This is the perfect excursion for people looking for tasty Roman food and wine, wishing to share this intimate experience with other friends and to make great memories of the authentic gem of Frascati. Frascati is at short distance from Rome, and it is widely famous for its charming streets and especially for its stunning wine! In this magical place, the wine is the main actor ever since the Ancient Romans used to live here; this tour will help you discover the history, the culinary tradition and all the secrets of this outstanding village. The departure will be from Termini Railway Station, if you are staying in a centrally located hotel, we are glad to provide the transportation from the hotel to the railway station; in this case the pick-up will be approximately at 09.00 a.m. and at 08.00 a.m. on Saturdays. The train leaves at 09.45 (at 08.45 on Saturdays), in just 30 minutes, you will reach Frascati and you will meet our friendly guide.
The tour has officially started! Our guide will accompany you on a short stroll around the streets of Frascati where you will taste the famous Frascati roasted pork from the oldest bakery in town (the famous “Porchetta”), sip the Frascati wine in a jug at a traditional ‘Fraschetta’ and meet the local baker, tavern owner and other characteristic locals. During the tour, you will also visit some iconic places like Villa Aldobrandini, Frascati’s Saint Peter’s Church, the main market plaza, many typical shops and taverns, the Bishop’s Palace and the 12th century church St. Rocco.
After this detailed introduction of the town, with a short and pleasant walk you will get to the Frascati Winery. There you will take a walk through the vineyard with the vintner, learning about the different varieties of grapes and pruning systems of Frascati. In the 16th century cellar, you will learn how the Frascati jugged wine used to be traditionally made and see all the old machinery and tools that were used in the winemaking process. You will also explore the deep wine cave in which ancient Roman artifacts have been discovered.
After the tour of the vineyard, you will have an enchanting wine tasting experience that will make you savor the flavor of the three types of wine the vineyard produces. The first is a white Frascati Superiore DOCG, the second is a red Vagnolo wine IGP, and the last is a sweet Cannellino wine. All three will be paired with the vineyard’s olive oil, pizza and peculiar breads and fresh seasonal fruits or vegetables harvested right in their garden. You can relax and enjoy this sensorial experience. Your guide is a licensed wine sommelier who will happily share his wide knowledge with you in order to satisfy any curiosity you might have.
At the end of the winery experience, you will walk back to the center of Frascati, right into a charming Osteria for lunch. This includes a mixed platter of typical Roman cuisine, like ricotta with honey and walnuts, local cheeses, prosciutto, salami and mozzarella, or your choice of traditional Roman pasta, like gnocchi with truffle sauce or spaghetti with cured ham sauce or any possible special they have on the menu for that day. One of the best wines of the Frascati Winery will be served during the lunch.
After lunch, at about 02.30 p.m. you will be accompanied to Frascati Railway Station to return to Rome. You will arrive at central Railway station at approx. 03.15 p.m., so you still have the chance to enjoy other stunning experiences in the great Eternal City.
● Visit and enjoy Frascati with its authentic and welcoming inhabitants and explore a real Winery
● Discover the fascinating Frascati, tasting the local delicacies and its great wines
● Enjoy a small group of 15 people or fewer for the best intimate experience
- Round Trip train ticket from Rome to Frascati
- Walking Tour in Frascati with stops to taste local food
- Full visit to Frascati Winery including a stroll in the vineyards with an English speaking guide and a wine tasting with a certified sommelier
- Light lunch in a typical “Osteria” in the center of Frascati, with local food and drinks (water and wine) ● Small group best experience
● Tour is guaranteed with a minimum of 2 participants
● Tour length is approximately 6 hours including round trip transportation by train from Rome
● Tour ends at approximately 3.15 pm at Termini Rail Station, no drop off to hotel is included
● Any food allergies, intolerances or any other special requirements need to be notified upon reservation
● Upon reservation, please inform the details of accommodation in Rome to check if free pick-up is available
● The day before the tour departs, the customers will receive further instructions for this activity
● No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows
• Rome railway station
• Rome railway station
You may also like
Special Offer Price