Why this tour?
This combined walking tour is the perfect way to discover Venice after dark. Divided into two parts, the first part of this special evening tour, you will wet your tastebuds and discover the delights of the original Venetian Aperitif. You will be accompanied to authentic taverns in the Rialto area, allowing you to taste Venetian delicacies and local wines. You will then continue your tour of Venice by night, visiting hidden corners and suggestive locations with tales of murder, mystery and unrequited love. An authentic walking tour covering areas of Venice that otherwise you might not have the courage to visit alone.
The tour starts with a short introduction surrounding the area of Rialto, and just why it is one of the most famous markets in Europe. During the tour you will be taken to hidden bars, that are found off the beaten track. Meander with the locals, embrace their culture, whilst enjoying local wines and discovering the endless selection of cicchetti on offer. During the tour you will visit three popular bars and will taste a glass of wine and a choice of cicchetti in each one.
The second part of the evening tour starts by taking you into the Castello area, you will discover anecdotes of Venetian Doges, noblemen and unrequited love, learn about the ghostly sounds to be heard outside of the Malibran theatre and tales of tragic deaths, whilst strolling through the darkened alleys. Heading over to the Saints Giovanni and Paolo Square, learn the story behind the graffiti on one of the most famous buildings in Venice, and then stroll along the windy and foreboding Fondamenta Nuova, located opposite the cemetery, and discover the story of the unburied child that is said to still be seen in the murky lagoon.
This special evening tour concludes in the Cannaregio area.
PLEASE NOTE: The tour could be bilingual if the minimum of partecipants is not reached per group (english alway guaranteed).
ENGLISH Tuesday, Friday and Saturday at 6:00 pm
SPANISH Tuesday at 6:00 pm
GERMAN Friday at 6:00 pm
FRENCH Saturday at 6:00 pm
- Combined evening walking tour to discover the famous taverns of Venice, historical tales of murder and mystery, whilst visiting the hidden, and suggestive areas of the city including Rialto, Castello and Cannaregio areas;
- Food and drink included in first part of tour;
- Fully qualified local guide;
- Pick up from a centrally located meeting point.
- Guided tour of the Rialto area, including wine and food tasting in three different bars - one glass of wine in each location, accompanied by Venetian Cichetti;
- Guided walking tour of the off the beaten track areas of Cannareggio and Castello;
- Tours are provided in English, French, Spanish or German.
- Optional gratuities;
- Hotel pick up and drop off;
- Food and drink.
- The tour could be bilingual accordingly to the number of partecipants;
- Check-in is 15 minutes prior to booked tour start time;
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible;
- This combined tour will take place rain or shine;
- Children's drinks are not included and will be paid directly by the client.
- Rialto Bridge and Market area;
- 3 traditional Venetian taverns;
- Castello area;
- Cannareggio area and Fondamenta Nuova.
You may also like
Special Offer Price