Why this tour?
This day tour starts from Florence.
Crossing the beautiful Chianti hills we arrive at the Medieval hilltop gem of MONTERIGGIONI, with its still intact walls.
Here you can drink in the history and relive the atmosphere of olden times.
Our day tour continues to the stately SIENA, famous for its splendid examples of Gothic architecture and the traditional Palio horse race.
Follow your local guide to the suggestive Piazza del Campo, where the magnificent Palazzo Pubblico stands, with its Torre del Mangia.
Visit Piazza del Duomo and be impressed by the imposing Cathedral, one of the finest achievements of Italian Gothic.
Before leaving Siena, you will be served a LIGHT LUNCH in a cozy restaurant where, together with genuine Tuscan products, you will savour traditional pastries.
Next, we drive to SAN GIMIGNANO, famous for its white wine, the world renowned Vernaccia, and its skyscrapers, also declared a World heritage Site by UNESCO! The visit is free for independent sightseeing, strolling around the narrow streets and admiring the relaxing landscape.
At the end of the day tour, we move into the CHIANTI area, with its picture-postcard landscapes.
You have the chance to taste the best Chianti red wine in a rustic wine estate along with home-made snacks and sampling of wines and oil.
• An expert and knowledgeable tour leader, who will assist you during the whole trip
• The luxuriant Chianti landscapes, its rolling hills and olive groves, where you will be offered a rich wine tasting together with some regional products
- Journey by fully-fitted GT Coach
- Expert multilingual escort
- Siena tour with professional guide
- Free visit of San Gimignano and Monteriggioni
- Light lunch in a cozy restaurant in Siena
- Tasting of traditional pastries
- Visit to a rustic wine estate in the Chianti area
- Sampling of wines, extra-virgin olive oil and regional products
• Please note that the given order of the visits may change
• Comfortable shoes suggested
• We regret to inform that this tour is not suitable for guests with wheelchairs or with impaired mobility
• Please inform us of any food intolerance or allergy in advance
• Please note that the tour is always available in English, Spanish and Italian. French is confirmed with a minimum of 2 guests
• San Gimignano;
You may also like
Special Offer Price