Why this tour?
We meet at La Fenice opera house and our entertaining tour starts by following Giacomo Casanova's footsteps, taking you back to the Venice Carnival of the XVIII century. On this informative and fun walking tour, our masked guide will acquaint you with the story of Venice Carnival, then and now; learn about the history of masks, once used to hide the person's identity, and how they are made. Casanova was a great lover and adventurer, extremely extravagant, a freemason and a servant of the establishment.
Born in Venice. He grew up in the area of San Samuele. Following your guide through the narrow Calle (alleys) passing his home and also the house of the famous poet Giorgio Baffo, who introduced the young Casanova to the worldly pleasures. Learn about the Ridotto, the first Casinò in Venice often an easy meeting place for Casanova and the beloved Venetian Aristocracy. Hear fascinating stories about the Venetian Courtesans who also did their part to make the city as animated as possible.
A completely different narrated walking tour filled with desire and passion, pleasure and entertainment. We end our tour with a hot cappuccino and a typical Venetian Carnival cake "Frittelle" in a typical Caffe approx. 10 mins walk from St Mark’s Square. This is a very specialised tour and we recommend that you book early as we only have a select group of guides who can guarantee this tour!!!
- Fun walking tour with a Guide in a traditional 17th century venetian costume;
- Hot cappuccino and venetian ‘Frittelle’ in a local coffee shop;
- Live tour commentary in English.
- Hotel pick up.
- Please come in full costume or with a Venetian cape and mask
- FeniceTheatre (external);
- Ridotto (the Casinò in Venice);
- Malipiero Palace (external);
- Saint Samuel Church (external);
- House of Giacomo Casanova (external);
- We end our tour with a hot cappuccino and a typical Venetian Carnival cake "Frittelle" in a typical Caffe approx. 10 mins walk from St Mark’s Square.
You may also like
Special Offer Price