Why this tour?
In a city where the West meets the East, exotic items like silk and oriental spices were traded along with copper and wood.
The area of Rialto was a thriving one, with trading taking place in the centre, and not only in the markets.
This tour takes you off the beaten track discovering another side to the city.
Passing through the labyrinth of narrow passageways your guide will enlighten you with stories of the Venice, its merchants and courtesans. Many of the courtesans lived in sumptuous apartments and were accomplished musicians and brilliant conversationalists.
They were even secretly used as spies for the State.
The area of San Polo was one of the first inhabited areas of Venice, and where the bankers, brokers and merchants conducted their affairs by day, and the renowned courtesans by night.
With your english speaking guide you will hear fascinating stories, explore the Rialto and San Polo area and see one of the largest churches in Venice, The Frari church.
This church is located in the eastern section of San Polo.
It was built by Franciscans around 1250, and it is one of the city's largest places of worship.
It has a striking exterior, and inside boasts masterpieces by Canova, and the work of art 'The Assumption' by Titian.
You will have plenty of chances to ask your guide question during this tour.
- A relaxing guided walking tour away from the tourist crowds and main sights of Venice, seeing the areas of Rialto and San Polo;
- Stroll along the narrow streets, to encounter hidden away treasures, beautiful architecture and learn history while enjoying the sights;
- Fully qualified local guide;
- Live audio commentary;
- Pick up from a centrally located meeting point.
- 2-hour walking tour with highly qualified English speaking guide;
- Entrance fee to the Basilica dei Frari;
- Personal audio system and headset for tour commentary;
- Live tour commentary provided in English.
- Optional gratuities;
- Hotel pick up and drop off;
- Food and drink.
- Entrance to the Scuola Grande S. Rocco.
- Check-in is 15 minutes prior to booked tour start time;
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible;
- The walking tour will take place rain or shine;
- For late arrivals or no shows, no refund!
- Rialto area;
- Campo San Polo;
- Scuola Grande San Rocco (external);
- Basilica dei Frari (inside).
You may also like
Special Offer Price