Why this tour?
Travel back to the days of the Venetian Empire on a walking tour of 2 of the most important buildings in Venice.
Go inside St. Mark's Basilica and the Doges’ Palace and admire their opulent interiors.
Be intrigued by the fascinating history of La Serenissima and discover what it is like to live in this unique city! Walking around this open air museum our informative guide will take you to the external sights of Saint Marks Square and the Doge's Palace, the Sansovino library, the Bell tower, the incredible legends of the Clock tower and the Bridge of sighs and its adjoining prisons.
First, skip the long lines to St. Mark’s Basilica, which enshrines the city’s history and the relics of saints.
See stunning mosaics and gold work.
Your guide will tell you the history of the cathedral and how it was built.
Admire the masterpieces by Venetian goldsmiths.
Next, skip the lines to the neighboring Doges’ Palace, the ducal seat of power during the Venetian Republic.
Admire its Byzantine architecture, passing through decorative chambers to see paintings by Tintoretto, Titian, and Veronese, to name a few.
Continue down a very small passageway to cross the Bridge of Sighs from the inside, and descend into the prison cells where Casanova was incarcerated until his legendary escape.
This walk is an absolute must for the first time visitor, leaving you knowing so much more about this not so practical but precious city.
• Skip the line tickets!! Avoid the public queues with our special pass;
• Cross over the bridge of Sighs;
• Pass through the new prisons of the Doges palace;
• Fully licensed local guide.
- Live tour guide in English;
- Audio headset while more than 10 pax on group;
- Skip the line and entrance fees into Saint Mark's Basilica and the Doge's Palace.
- Optional gratuities;
- Hotel pick up and drop off;
- Food and drink;
- Does not include the upper floor of the Basilica.
• Check-in is 15 minutes prior to the booked tour start time;
• This activity is not wheelchair accessible;
• Shoulders and knees must be covered in the Basilica;
• Backpacks and large bags are NOT allowed, there is a free deposit on the left side of the Church in calle S. Basso;
• Children are free until 5 years old, their age will be checked at the entrance by the staff;
• At the end of the tour, keep your Doge's Palace ticket to visit: Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana in Saint Mark's square;
• On very few occasions Saint Mark's Basilica may be closed due to religious ceremonies, public holidays, private events or high water and we are not always informed in advance.
Combination tour of the external sites of Saint Marks Square, Saint Marks Basilica on the ground floor and the Doges Palace including the bridge of Sighs
You may also like
Special Offer Price