Why this tour?
Suspended between history and legend, myth and beauty, Rome still preserves its infinite charm and its unrivalled wonders. From ancient times to the Middle Ages, from Baroque to modern times, every age saw the Eternal City shining in its magic splendour.
Today it is possible to visit the places which made Rome immortal by observing it from another point of view, from a new and original perspective, on board our double-decker buses.
City Sightseeing Rome will allow you to travel through history and visit the places where the ancient Romans lived their social and political life as well as to admire the great Papal Rome, with its fine buildings and beautiful churches, by just sitting comfortable on board our buses. You will be able to visit the many churches, monuments, palaces, squares and streets of Imperial and Christian Rome, of Baroque and Modern Rome. Each bus has a highly technological, multilingual commentary system in eight (8) languages available for every passenger, which will not only keep you entertained, but also well informed about the city.
You can admire the great monuments of ancient Rome like the Imperial Forums, the Coliseum and the Circus Maximus. You will see the most beautiful Christian places like St. Peter's Basilica and Santa Maria Maggiore. One must also visit the squares and streets where the history of Rome was written such as Piazza Venezia, Piazza della Repubblica, Piazza del Popolo and Piazza Barberini. Then you can enjoy a walk among the coffee shops of the Dolce Vita in Via Veneto and later drive along the river Tevere and admire Trastevere, one of the old quarters of the City, with its typical restaurants and bars, where you can taste typical Roman dishes.
Skip the lines and get the VIP entrance to visit the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill. The ticket includes the entrance to the Roman Forum and the Palatine Hill.
Visit the Colosseum, the most imposing of all roman monuments, where thousands of men and wild animals were put to death in front of a blood-thirsty audience.
Walk through the heart of the Ancient city, the Roman Forum, see the very sight where the body of Julius Caesar was cremated, the Arch of Titus, the Temple of the Vestal Virgins, the Senate House, the ancient market, the brothels and walk on the Via Sacra, where legions once marched during the triumphal parades.
Visit the Palatine hill, the core of the Seven Hills, one of the most ancient parts of the city.
• Hop on in any bus stop available
• Hop on and off every time you wish and in any of the available bus stops
• Hear the stories and learn about each monument through the english audioguide comentaries
- Open Bus Tickets: hop-on, hop-off tour (2 consecutive days);
- Multilingual audioguide on board
- Assistance at the Visitor Center
- Skip the Line ticket to Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
• Clients can exchange the voucher directly on the bus or at the meeting point. However, they MUST go to the Visitor Center to choose the Colosseum entrance time and receive the ticket for the Colosseum
• The Colosseum ticket will have a spcific entrance time and clients will have to be there on time. We can not be held responsible for denied entry due to clients' delay
• Bus Time Table: from the last Sunday of october to the last Saturday of march-> 9.00 am to 3.00 pm & from the last Sunday of march to the last saturday of october -> 9.00 am to 5.00 pm
• On saturday, sundays and public holidays the route is subject to changes
• This tour involves a fair amount of walking. Comfortable shoes are recommended
• Large handbags, haversacks etc. are not permitted inside the Colosseum. Wardrobe services are not available
• Due to security reason (metal detector checks entrance at the Coliseum, Palatine Hill and Roman Forum) or in case of big volume of visitors, some queues may form even though the ticket is pre-booked.
• The first available time slot for Colosseum tickets is 2.00 p.m.
• In case of choosing the 48 hours option, please be aware that the Colosseum Ticket can only be asked and used on the 1st day, and not on the 2nd
You may also like
Special Offer Price