Why this tour?
Departing from your hotel by private water taxi, we take you across the lagoon to the well known Island of Murano. Famous for its glass making since the 10th century, we visit one of Murano’s artistic glassblowing factory. Whilst watching one of the glass masters blowing the glass in the furnace of the glass works, your local guide will explain to you the history and the process of the glass making throughout the years. After this you will have time to visit their elegant show rooms.
Then by private water taxi crossing the northern part of the Lagoon we arrive at the colourful Island of Burano, famous for its brightly coloured houses, fishing industry and also its lace making, you will have time to walk around this elegant little island and also visiting its shops, your guide will point out to you one of the specialized shops where it is possible to see one of the Local ladies working on the Burano Lace, she will show you the different stitches involved in making these wonderful works of art.
We then leave the Island of Burano and take a short boat ride to the Island of Torcello, known as the “Mother of Venice”. You have chance to Visit the Basilica, which is one of the oldest in the Lagoon and holds some beautiful mosaics, or maybe visit the museum. If not you can just spend your time walking around this enchanting and very historical island.
Then on your return to Venice you may wish to continue exploring the rest of the city with a walking tour or be dropped off back at your hotel.
- Qualified private guide and water taxi for this special tour in Venice;
- See Murano Island famous for its glass making during a visit in a artistic glassblowing factory;
- Visit Burano the island of colorful houses and the traditional Burano lace;
- Get by your private taxi to the historical Torcello island, the "mother of Venice";
- Wonderful photo opportunities.
- Private highly qualified guide;
- Private water taxi at disposition;
- Hotel pickup and drop-off if in Saint Mark's area.
- Entrance fees;
- Gratuites (optional);
- Food and drink.
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible;
- Please confirm your reservation the day before and we will confirm the meeting point -> email@example.com
- Murano island;
- Burano island;
- Torcello island;
You may also like
Special Offer Price