Why this tour?
A fascinating private walking tour of the ancient area of San Polo, one of the six districts of Venice. Your private guide will accompany you on the discovery of this renowned area, once the heart of the commercial part of the city and now a popular residential area.
Learn about the lives of bankers, brokers and merchants, as they conducted their affairs by day, and their less than official nocturnal affairs, with the local ladies by night!
Our expert guide will give you the low down on how Venice was one of the most revered cities of trade, where East met West, and exotic items such as silk and oriental spices were traded along with copper and wood. Discover the history behind the Venetian’s love of all things luxurious, including what were the residential palaces of the local courtesans. Be entertained by illuminating stories of decadence and secrets of these often-accomplished musicians & brilliant conversationalists, and sometime used as spies for the State!
The second part of this tour will provide you with the opportunity to admire the gothic Frari cathedral which dwarfs the Eastern section of San Polo. Admired not only for its sheer size but also for the numerous and highly respected quality of its works of art.
Home to masterpieces from Renaissance Masters such as Titian and Bellini, it is hard not to be moved by the sculpture of Antonia Canova’s tomb.
A must for all art lovers!
• Admire Rialto Bridge and learn the legend of the Statue of the 'Gobbo di San Giacomo'
• Visit one of the city’s biggest squares, the Campo San Polo and its surrounding area
• Marvel yourself in front of the Frari Church and learn about its story
- Private guide for entire tour
- 2-hour walking tour covering the San Polo district
- Free Hotel pick up on request, if your hotel is in the Saint Mark’s Square area
- This tour does not include entrance fees to the Frari Church
- Optional gratuities
- Hotel drop off
- Food and drink
• This is only an external walking tour
• This activity is not wheelchair accessible
• The walking tour will take place rain or shine
• Campo San Bortolo
• Rialto bridge
• Rialto market
• Statue of the Gobbo di San Giacomo
• San Polo district and its campo
• Frari Church
You may also like
Special Offer Price