Why this tour?
Our private guided boat tour along the Grand Canal in Venice helps you to discover the most spectacular 'high street' in the world and the beautiful palaces overlooking it constructed over hundreds of years that have made the Grand Canal what it is today.
The most spectacular of the boat tours in Venice: imagine what the Grand Canal was like when there were still gardens, 'squeri' (where the gondolas were built), warehouses, and stone-masons. Why are there so many palaces with differing styles of architecture? Why are there those moorish and eastern style windows? Your private guide will entertain you with stories of the most historical palaces (many having famous owners). Our narrated tour helps you recognize each palace, who lived where, and to discover why the poets & writers such as Shelley, Byron, & Browning loved this city.
This 60 min boat tour includes a cruise along the city's more secluded waterways to enjoy the picturesque small bridges and 'off the beaten track'' sights, to introduce you to a quieter Venice.
Venice was built to be appreciated from the water, the facades of the city can only be seen from the canals. This boat tour is enjoyable for all ages and gives your feet a well-earned rest! Our boat tour in a private motor-launch gives you a great overall view of the city, covering many of the sestieri (areas).
- 60 minutes afternoon private motor launch tour of Venice's canals;
- Scenic views of beautiful palaces as you cruise the Grand Canal and minor canals;
- Learn the history of city of Venice and how it was built on the water;
- Great photo opportunities as you pass through picturesque canals;
- Private English speaking guide with microphone.
- Professional English speaking guide;
- Private water taxi;
- Private Guided tour of the Grand Canal and small canals.
- Gratuities (optional);
- Hotel pickup and drop-off;
- Food and drink.
- It's possible to organize the tour for people in wheelchairs or with walking difficulties but on request;
- Maximum group size is 10 people on each boat plus guide;
- Please arrive at the meeting point 10 minutes before the departure of the tour;
- The meeting point is on-request. Depending on location of your hotel it may be possible to organize pick-up from there if on main canal.
- Venice Grand Canal;
- Canareggio canal;
- Misericordia canal;
- Fondamenta Nuove;
- Smaller canals.
You may also like
Special Offer Price