Why this tour?
On our private tour we discover the picturesque island of Murano and visit its interesting glass museum, a celebrated glass factory and showroom giving you an insight into the history and the fascinating art of Italian glass making.
Murano is famous worldwide for its glass blowing and creating elegant Venetian pieces such as decorative vases and chandeliers.
On this tour you will see a glass blowing demonstration and learn what the glass is made of and the different techniques used by the glass master.
Our first stop is a visit to the Glass Museum hosted in Giustiniani Palace, here you will find collections of glass made by the most noted glass master of all times dating back to the 15th and 16th century, also ancient art including Roman exhibits.
We then have a short walk and make our way to one of the many glass factories and showrooms on the Island, here we see a traditional glass blowing performance by an expert.
You are also given the opportunity to visit a showroom and see all of the different types of glass on offer on the Island.
If you wish to purchase at the the show room please deal directly with the person in the showroom.
If you are looking for a specific piece of glass please let us know in advance so we can arrange for you to go to the glass master who specializes in that piece.
Before returning to Venice there is the opportunity to take a stroll around the Island to enjoy the many shops and the scenery and learn the history of Murano glass making.
1-5 people 550,00€
6-8 people 610,00€
The meeting point is on-request. Depending on location of your hotel it may be possible to organize pick-up from there if it's in Saint Mark's area.
Please send us an email to [email protected] once you have booked this tour.
- Pick up from your hotel or a meeting point located in a central area of Venice Island;
- 4-hour private guided tour with a fully qualified local guide;
- Cross the lagoon in luxury private motor launch;
- Amazing insight into the history of Italian glass making in Murano;
- Visit to a glass factory and watch a glass blowing demonstration;
- Free time to walk around the glass show room and see the Murano glass creations;
- Perfect for families and all ages.
- Available in english, italian, spanish, french, german;
- Half day guided tour with a local highly qualified guide;
- Entrance fees into the glass museum and guided tour;
- Glass blowing demonstration;
- Visit to Murano glass Showroom;
- Return transfer to Venice by luxury private motor launch.
- No Food or drinks.
- During high water, the tour of Murano will take place, but it may happen that we have to adapt the tour due to bad weather conditions;
- This tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities. Please contact us directly and we will be able to take you on alternative routes suitable for you.
- Meet our guide at the fixed meeting point;
- Visit the Glass Museum in Murano;
- See a traditional glass blowing performance by an expert Master glass and visit one of the
- Take a stroll around the Island to enjoy the many shops and the scenery;
- Returning to Venice.
You may also like
Special Offer Price