Why this tour?
Art and Wine is the perfect combination a walking tour discovering the history and the food traditions of Venice.
Your local guide will introduce you to some of Venice’s best kept secrets and at the same time enjoy a stop at a traditional Venetian wine Bar “Bacaro” popular with thirsty locals.
Your experience begins with a visit to the Scala Contarini Del Bovolo, a breathtaking Follie, we make our way up the staircase to enjoy its spectacular views over the roof tops of Venice great for taking photos or selfies. We then make our way through Venice’s maze of narrow alleyways towards the Ospedaletto complex which is in the residential area of San Giovanni and Paolo.
Here we have a very special visit to the Church of Santa Maria dei Derelitti, the four seasons’ courtyard and the Sala della Musica.
Just a short stroll away your food and wine tasting experience will begin. Here enjoy a couple of glasses of wine with tasty Venetian Cicchetti, understand the culture of the Bacaro and its food.
The tour ends at this great local Bacaro and our guide will be very happy to help you with recommendations of how to continue the fun or directions back to your hotel.
- Early evening access to the Hidden staircase
- Drink like a Venetian in an authentic wine bar (Bacaro)
- Indulge into the local Cicchetti included with each glass of wine
- Our expert guide will share their passion of the art and history
- Private entrance to one of Venice’s best kept secrets
- Entrance to the Scala Contarini del Bovolo and the Ospedaletto complex
- 2 glasses of Wine and 2 Cicchetti
- All entrance fees
- Duration 2-hour
- Local English-speaking guide
- Optional gratuities
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Extra food and drink not mentioned
- Check-in is 15 minutes prior to booked tour start time;
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible;
- This tour is not suitable if you have limited mobility;
- There may be a change of itinerary according to how crowded the bar can be. However, all bars we visit are the same standard so you will not be missing out;
- You should wear comfortable walking shoes;
- The walking tour will take place rain or shine;
- For late arrivals or no shows, no refund!
- Campo Manin;
- Scala Contarini Del Bovolo;
- Ospedaletto complex near campo San Giovanni & Paolo;
- 2 glasses of wine and 2 cicchetti in local bacaro;
- Tour ends in Campo San Giovanni and Paolo;