Why this tour?
Escape the summer heat on this exclusive evening walking tour as we visit some of the most important sights of Venice. We have privileged entrance out of hours to the Scala Conterini Del Bovolo, with its spectacular views over the roof tops of Venice, the Ospedaletto complex which consists of: The Church of Santa Maria dei Derelitti, The four seasons’ courtyard, The Sala della Musica and The Sardi’ Staircase. Venice Events Sas will donate 1 Euro from every booking towards the restoration of the Church after it was burnt by a fire in 2010.
Hidden Stories of Venice by night, unknown to many tourists and hidden in the center of Venice is a unique spiraling “snail” staircase that winds up the tower-like facade of this historic palazzo. Built at the very end of the 15th century this winding tower was so popular that its name Bovolo “Snail” was also given to the Noble family Contarini who owned it and who had the spiraling facade built to showcase their great wealth. The stair case can be difficult to find as It’s located on a small backstreet that requires you to carefully navigating Venice’s maze of narrow alleyways. We meet not far from the “Scala Contarini Del Bovolo” in Campo Manin, where our assistant be waiting for you at the meeting point and will accompany you to the staircase and introduce you to your specialist guide. We enter the building out of hours, this tour is exclusively organised and reserved for Venice Events groups only.
Going inside this architectural gem you will see that the Scala has beautiful spiral arcades, 90 feet high, combining elements of Gothic, Renaissance, and Byzantine styles. We access the inner rooms of the building and your guide will entertain you with stories, legends and the history as we will climb to the top of its 80 steps, from which there is a beautiful view over the rooftops of the city.
We also visit on the second floor the Loggia the room of Tintoretto to see a collection of paintings and sculptures. As we leave we discover the hidden Venice as we pass through through the small alleyways and making our way to the Ospedaletto. Closed to the public the complesso del Ospedaletto is opened especialy for our group and we have privileged access to its church and rooms.
The tour ends outside the Ospedaletto in the area of San Giovani and Paolo where we vista local of bar for a glass of Prosecco.
- Exclusive evening access to Scala Conterino Del Bovolo and some of the most important sights in Venice,
- Breathtaking views over the roof tops of Venice,
- Privilege entrance to the Ospedaletto complex normally closed to the public,
- Lantern to light you way in the Church of Santa Maria dei Derelitti,
- Small groups of less than 25 with our expert guides who share their passion of the art and history of Venice,
- Glass of Prosecco in local bar to end the tour,
- Thank you for booking this tour as you are helping in the restoration of the church,
- Expert English speaking guide,
- Exclusive evening access to all sights including all entrance fees,
- Lantern to light your way,
- 2-hour walking tour,
- Headsets for groups over 10 people
- We donate 1 Euro from every booking towards the restoration of the Church
- Optional gratuities;
- Hotel pick up and drop off;
- Check-in is 15 minutes prior to booked tour start time;
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible;
- This tour is not suitable if you have limited mobility;
- You should wear comfortable walking shoes;
- The walking tour will take place rain or shine;
- For late arrivals or no shows, no refund!
- Campo Manin;
- Scala Contarini Del Bovolo;
- Ospedaletto complex;
- Glass of prosecco in local bar at the end the tour;
- Tour ends in Campo San Giovani and Paolo;
You may also like
Special Offer Price