Why this tour?
The Grand Canal of Venice is the most spectacular 'high street' in the world. The beautiful palaces were constructed over hundreds of years and slowly the Grand Canal became what it is today.
Our tour helps you to imagine what the Grand Canal was like when there were still gardens, 'squeri' (where the gondolas were built), warehouses, and stone-masons. Why are there so many palaces with differing styles of architecture? Why are there those moorish and eastern style windows? Our guide will entertain you with stories of the most historical palaces (many having famous owners). Our narrated tour helps you recognize each palace, who lived where, and to discover why the poets & writers such as Shelley, Byron, & Browning loved this city.
This 60 min tour includes a cruise along the city's more secluded waterways to enjoy the picturesque small bridges and 'off the beaten track'' sights, to introduce you to a quieter Venice.
Venice was built to be appreciated from the water, the facades of the city can only be seen from the canals.
This boat tour is enjoyable for all ages and gives your feet a well-earned rest! Our boat tour in a private motor-launch gives you a great overall view of the city, covering many of the sestieri (areas).
•Scenic views of beautiful palaces as you cruise the Grand Canal;
•Learn the history of city of Venice and how it was built on the water;
•Great photo opportunities;
•English speaking guide with microphone.
- Guided Tour of The Grand Canal and Giudecca;
- Live tour commentary provided with an highly qualified English-speaking guide;
- Private water taxi.
- Gratuities (optional);
- Hotel pickup and drop-off;
- Food and drink.
• The tour starts and finishes at the same meeting point;
• This tour is not suitable for people in wheelchairs or with walking difficulties as passengers are required to step down onto the boat when boarding. The variation of the level of tides can make the vessel unstable;
• Operates in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately;
• Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the departure of the tour;
• Maximum group size is 10 people on each boat plus guide. There can be more than 1 boat leaving at the same time.
• Round trip via Giudecca Canal
• The unique and beautiful Grand Canal
• Starts and finishes in front of the Royal Gardens, St Mark’s Square
You may also like
Special Offer Price