Why this tour?
Discover Venice’s most unusual and characteristic corners during this charming walking tour.
Experience a lesser-known Venice, wandering through its back streets and small hidden squares starting just outside Saint Mark's Square and reaching Rialto Bridge, and learn a little about what its like living in this unique city.
Meet your local guide in front of the post office just behind Saint Mark's Square, and let yourself be lead through the labyrinth of alleyways, squares or “campi” and hear about the history, stories and the local Venetian dialect.
On leaving the square, you will stop in front of the Fenice Theatre, one of the most famous Opera House's in Europe, learn about its glorious but also troubled history.
Passing through other hidden corners of the city you will be able to discover the history of Venice, through its prominent architectural sights.
Admire the Bovolo Staircase, a Renaissance masterpiece, and one of Venice's finest architectural jewels; this fascinating and complex spiral staircase is part of the Palazzo Contarini del Bovolo and dates from 1499. It is tucked away in a small courtyard close to Campo Manin.
Before heading back, you will make a stop close to the Rialto Bridge, the oldest bridge across the Grand Canal and discover what made it the historical center of the commercial area of the city.
The tour ends in campo San Luca, just a short walk from the Rialto Bridge.
• External visit of the most popular Venetian sights and hidden corners: the Fenice Theatre, the Bovolo Staircase and Rialto Bridge;
• Pick up from a centrally located meeting point.
- Guided tour of the area covering Saint Mark's Square and the Rialto Bridge;
- Personal audio system and headset;
- Live tour commentary provided in English, French, Italian, Spanish or German.
- This tour does not include inside visits to museums or attractions;
- Optional gratuities;
- Hotel pick up and drop off;
- Food and drink.
• This is an external walking tour only;
• Please for safety reason we kindly ask you to wear your mask or you can not join the tour
• Check-in is 15 minutes prior to booked tour start time;
• This activity is not wheelchair accessible;
• The walking tour will take place rain or shine.
• Saint Mark's square
• The Fenice Theatre
• Bovolo Staircase
• Rialto Bridge
• Campo San Luca
You may also like
Special Offer Price