Why this tour?
Discover Venice’s most unusual and characteristic corners during this combination city tour consisting of a charming walking tour and a gondola ride along the Grand Canal and minor canals, where you will see the city from the water.
First experience a lesser-known Venice, wandering through its back streets and small hidden squares starting in Saint Mark's Square and reaching Rialto Bridge then board a gondola and learn a little about what its like living in this unique city.
Meet your local guide in front of the Saint Mark's Square post office, and let yourself be lead through the labyrinth of alleyways, squares or “campi” and hear about the history, stories and the local Venetian dialect.
On leaving the square, you will stop in front of the Fenice Theatre, one of the most famous Opera House's in Europe, learn about its glorious but also troubled history. Passing through other hidden corners of the city you will be able to discover the history of Venice, through its prominent architectural sights.
Admire the Bovolo Staircase, a Renaissance masterpiece, and one of Venice's finest architectural jewels; this fascinating and complex spiral staircase is part of the Palazzo Contarini del Bovolo and dates from 1499. It is tucked away in a small courtyard close to Campo Manin.
Before heading back towards Saint Mark's Square, you will make a stop close to the Rialto Bridge, the oldest bridge across the Grand Canal and discover what made it the historical center of the commercial area of the city.
The walking tour will finish in campo San Moisè, the landing stage of the famous venetian transportation, the Gondola.
Relax aboard this historic vessel, enjoying the thrills of both the Grand Canal and minor canals.
Admire Venice from this amazing point of view, witness its magnificent architecture and whilst gliding under its bridges, discover secret entrances to the elegant Palaces and hidden corners.
This 2-hour tour ends in campo San Moisè, just a short walk from Saint Mark's Square.
- A guided walking tour away from the crowds to discover hidden Venice;
- External visit of the most popular Venetian sights and hidden corners: the Fenice Theatre, the Bovolo Staircase and Rialto Bridge;
- Gondola ride along the Grand Canal and minor canals;
- Great photo opportunities;
- Pick up from a centrally located meeting point.
- Guided city tour of the area covering Saint Mark's Square and the Rialto Bridge;
- Personal audio system and headset for tour commentary;
- Live tour commentary provided in English, French, Spanish or German;
- Shared gondola ride.
- This tour does not include inside visits to museums or attractions;
- The gondola ride is not a guided tour;
- Optional gratuities;
- Hotel pick up and drop off;
- Food and drink.
- This is an external tour only;
- Check-in is 15 minutes prior to booked tour start time;
- Shared gondola with max. 6 people per gondola;
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible;
- You should wear comfortable walking shoes;
- The tour will not operate in the event of bad weather, high tide or gondoliers' strike.
- Bovolo Staircase;
- The Fenice Theatre;
- Rialto Bridge;
- Gondola Ride along the Grand Canal and through the minor canals.
You may also like
Special Offer Price