Why this tour?
The Dolomites out of Venice day tour includes the most famous towns and lakes in the dramatic Dolomite Mountains: Pieve di Cadore, Tre Cime, Cortina, Lake Misurina, Lake Auronzo.
Enjoy a memorable day tour discovering Europe’s most beautiful mountains the Italian Dolomites. Driving passed Conegliano in the Prosecco region, we reach the beautiful emerald coloured lake of Santa Croce, surrounded by soaring peaks and pine forests which are mirrored by the reflection on the water of the lake. Our first stop is Pieve di Cadore a delightful alpine village, here you have time for a short walk with traditional shops selling salumi, local cheeses and home made ice cream, the town is also well known as its the birth place of the Italian artist Titian.
Continuing on our journey passing through tunnels with astounding views of canyons and valleys that appear as if from nowhere, we take the toll road up to the Tre Cime di Lavaredo 2360mt which offers one of the best views across the valleys and peaks, the scenery is quite simply, breathtaking. On arrival at Cortina, “the Pearl of the Dolomites”, we spend time to stroll around and take in the picturesque views of the mountains. Weather permitting you may also take the Cable car up to Faloria at 2134mt, which overlooks the entire town of Cortina.
We then continue our journey making numerous stops along the way at scenic viewpoints, passing Lake Misurina, here you will have time to wander around or alternatively, you can enjoy an optional lunch, whilst admiring the beautiful mountain peaks and spectacular backdrop with views of “Sorapis”, and the “Marmarole”. Surrounded by scenery as stunning as this, photo opportunities are plentiful!
After a fulfilling day we journey on to admire the picturesque Lake Auronza, passing through enchanting mountain villages.
We then make our way back to Venice.
- Day Tour discovering Europe's most beautiful mountains: the Italian Dolomites;
- Visit of Pieve di Cadore, birth place of the Italian artist Titian;
- Relaxing stop at two of the most picturesque lakes of Santa Croce and Auronzo;
- Breathtaking views and scenic photo opportunities between tour stops;
- Highly qualified English speaking driver.
- Highly qualified English speaking driver;
- We stop at a typical Italian village as well as the pearl of the Dolomites Cortina;
- Walk around the lake Misurina;
- Photo stops on the way.
- No food or drink included;
- Optional gratuities;
- This tour is not guided.
- No children reduction because they occupy an own seat in the minivan;
- Infant seats are available on request, please specify at time of booking;
- Dress up warm as the weather can be very different to Venice;
- Take a camera as the views can be breathtaking;
- Please make sure you are at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure;
- Please look for the orange umbrella or sign in the minivan/ car.
- Cable car Faloria closed from September to the end of June;
- Maximum group size is 8 people per minivan;
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible.
You may also like
Special Offer Price