Why this tour?
We start our combination tour with a classical gondola ride, on this unique exploration of the Venetian romantic canals, unwind and relax into the gentle rhythms and movements of the Grand Canal, appreciating the skill involved in steering the gondola through the intricate waterways of the city. As you sit back and take in the views, you will inevitably become involved in the friendly banter of the gondoliers - as much a part of Venetian culture as the gondola itself! This charming tour will take you one step closer to the romantic facades of Venice and will enable you to understand what it was to be truly Venetian.
Your next tour starts in front of the Correr museum in Saint Mark's square where you will meet your professional english speaking guide.
We start the tour discovering the buildings in the square and then we enter inside The Doge's Palace "Palazzo Ducale", a magnificent combination of Byzantine, Gothic and Renaissance architecture, the centre of the Venetian Empire and the seat of the Venetian Government. It was once the residence of the Doge, the elected ruler of the city. Listen to our informative guide as you pass through its lavish chambers, which display masterpieces by Tintoretto, Titian and Veronese. Hear about the different roles played by the Doge and his counsellors, be entertained by our informative guide and learn about the history of the Venetian legends as you walk through the eerie, narrow passageways towards the prison cells whilst learning about the prisoners and of course, Casanova, perhaps Venice's most famous and intriguing escapee.
The tour then continues into Saint Marks Basilica, which majestically symbolises the lagoon and enshrines the city’s history and Saints relics. With its awe – inspiring gold mosaics our talented guide will walk you through the church.
Monday to Saturday
Gondola Ride: 9:40am
Saint Mark's Basilica Doge's Palace: 10:30am
Gondola Ride: 11:00am
Saint Mark's Basilica Doge's Palace: 2:00pm
- Skip the line tickets!! Avoid the public queues with our special pass;
- Fully licensed English speaking guide;
- Great photos opportunities!
- 30 minutes’ Classic gondola ride along the Grand Canal and smaller canals;
- 2 hours walking tour of Saint Mark's Square, inside the Doge's Palace and the Saint Mark's Basilica;
- Skip-the-Line entrance to the Saint Mark's Basilica and Doge's Palace;
- Admission fees;
- Live tour commentary provided in English;
- Audio headset for tour commentary while more than 10 pax on group.
- The classic gondola ride is not guided;
- Upstairs of Saint Marks Basilica is not included;
- Secret itineraries of Doge's Palace – we do not enter into these rooms.
- Optional gratuities;
- Hotel pick up and drop off;
- Food and Drink.
- Check-in is 15 minutes prior to the booked tour start time;
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible;
- Maximum group size is 25 people;
- This activity operates rain or shine;
- This tour in gondola is not guided. Shared gondola with max. 6 people per gondola;
- Shoulders and knees must be covered in the Basilica;
- Backpacks are not allowed inside the Basilica and Doge's Palace;
- Our assistant will be holding an orange umbrella and a sign with the name of the tour so she is easy to find;
- On very few occasions Saint Mark's Basilica may be closed due to religious ceremonies, public holidays, private events or high water and we are not always informed in advance. The Basilica and the Square will be done externally only and the Doge's Palace will be 1-hour and 30 minutes; total length of tour (Basilica Doge's Palace) 2 hours;
- If you wish to spend more time inside the Doge's Palace independently after the tour your museum pass will allow you to do so;
- At the end of the tour, keep your Doge's Palace ticket to visit: Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana in Saint Mark's square.
- Exteriors sites of Saint Mark's Square
- Inside the Basilica of Saint Mark
- Visit of the Doge’s Palace and the prison cells
- The gondola ride takes you along the Grand Canal near Hotel Gritti Palace and through the inner canals around La Fenice theatre
You may also like
Special Offer Price