Why this tour?
During this combined city tour of 3 hours in Venice, you will have a guided walking tour inside the Doge's Palace and the Saint Mark's Basilica and guided small boat tour along the Grand Canal of Venice in the afternoon. You will be intrigued by the fascinating history of La Serenissima and discover what it is like to live in this unique city.
Walking around this open air museum our informative guide will take you to the external sights of Saint Mark's Square, the Doge's Palace, the Sansovino library, the Bell tower, the incredible legends of the Clock tower and the Bridge of sighs and its adjoining prisons. You will discover the extraordinary architectural master pieces and why they were built that way. Take advantage of our expert guide, hear anecdotes about this remarkable city and its historical characters, Casanova, Marco Polo to name two. This walk is an absolute must for the first time visitor, leaving you knowing so much more about this not so practical but precious city.
You will be accompanied by our expert guide during an hour walking tour inside the Doge's Palace, "Palazzo Ducale" in Italy. The Palace is a magnificent combination of Byzantine, Gothic and Renaissance architecture, the centre of the Venetian Empire and the seat of the Venetian Government. Hear about the different roles played by the Doge and his counsellors, be entertained by our informative guide and learn about the history of the Venetian legends as you walk through the eerie, narrow passageways towards the prison cells whilst learning about the prisoners and of course, Casanova, perhaps Venice's most famous and intriguing escapee. At the end of the visit you will have free time for lunch.
The tour then continues into Saint Marks Basilica, which majestically symbolises the lagoon and enshrines the city’s history and Saints relics. With its awe – inspiring gold mosaics our talented guide will walk you through the church. At the end of the tour you may remain in the church to visit on your own the Golden altar.
In the afternoon at 4:30 pm, you'll finish your day picking-up a private motor launch (water taxi) which will take you 1-hour along the most spectacular high street in the world "Venice’s Grand Canal" giving you a great overall view of the city covering many of the “sestieri” (areas).
Monday to Saturday
Saint Mark's Basilica Doge's Palace: 10:30am
Grand Canal Cruise: 4:30pm
Saint Mark's Basilica Doge's Palace: 2:00pm
Grand Canal Cruise: 4:30pm
- 2-hour walking tour of Saint Mark's Square, inside the Doge's Palace and the Saint Mark's Basilica;
- 1 hour afternoon private motor launch tour of the Grand Canal and minor canals;
- Skip the line tickets!! Avoid the public queues with our special pass;
- Fully licensed English speaking guide;
- Great photos opportunities!
- 3-hour live tour commentary provided in English;
- Audio headsets for tour commentary while more than 10 pax on group;
- Skip-the-Line entrance to the Doge's Palace and the Saint Mark's Basilica;
- Admission fees.
- Upstairs of Saint Marks Basilica is not included;
- Secret itineraries of Doge's Palace – we do not enter into these rooms;
- Optional gratuities;
- Hotel pick up and drop off;
- Food and drink.
- Check-in is 15 minutes prior to the booked tour start time;
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible;
- Maximum group size is 25 people;
- This activity operates rain or shine;
- Shoulders and knees must be covered in the Basilica;
- Backpacks are not allowed inside the Basilica and Doge's Palace;
- Our assistant will be holding an orange umbrella and a sign with the name of the tour so she is easy to find;
- If you wish to spend more time inside the Doge's Palace independently after the tour your museum pass will allow you to do so;
- At the end of the tour, keep your Doge's Palace ticket to visit: Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana in Saint Mark's square;
- On very few occasions Saint Mark's Basilica may be closed due to religious ceremonies, public holidays, private events or high water and we are not always informed in advance. The Basilica and the Square will be done externally only and the Doge's Palace will be 1-hour and 30 minutes; total length of tour (Basilica Doge's Palace) 2 hours.
- Exteriors sites of Saint Marks Square
- Full visit of the Doge’s Palace and the prison cells
- Inside the Basilica of Saint Marks
- 60 min boat tour along the Grand Canal and the city's more secluded
You may also like
Special Offer Price