Why this tour?
Depart by train from Santa Lucia train station in Venice you will arrive in Verona and our guide will be waiting for you at the train station in Verona.
Here you will hop onto a local bus which will take you on a short ride into the city centre to enjoy a walking tour of the city and its historical centre.
Verona is the city of romance (Romeo & Juliet) and is the perfect location to experience a traditional Christmas market.
Taking its influence from Nuremberg in Germany there are over 80 traditional huts lining the streets in a beautiful Italian square all elegantly decorated selling typical Italian and German food, handcrafts, Christmas decorations, and gifts made by local artisans, and to warm you up on a cold winters day there is nothing better than a hot cup of mulled wine.
The city is illuminated with thousands of sparkling lights and a Giant Christmas star outside Verona's famous Arena (Amphitheater) and the Christmas market brings lights, colour and a festive atmosphere to the main street and this historical city.
Lunch is included in a traditional Italian restaurant in the centre of the city and also included a glass of the famous Amarone wine.
After lunch you are free to wander around the Christmas market on your own and make your own way back to the train station and to Venice.
- Train tickets; Venice - Verona, Verona - Venice.
- Transfer from Verona train station to Verona city centre by bus;
- 2 hours guided walking tour in Verona;
- Lunch with a glass of Amarone wine;
- Free time around the Christmas markets;
- Return to Venice in the late afternoon.
- Tips (optional);
- There is no meet and greet at Venice train station;
- Extra drinks if requested to be paid for directly at the restaurant on the day;
- Departure from Venice train station Santa Lucia at 8:12am;
- All train transfers are not accompanied;
- Arrival in Verona around 9:30 am - 10:00am;
- Meet your English speaking guide at Verona train station (other languages on request);
- Transfer from Verona train station to Verona city centre by local bus (tickets included);
- 2 hours guided tour from the train station and around the historical centre of Verona;
- At 12:00 pm traditional Italian lunch with a glass of Amarone wine in a restaurant in the city centre;
- Free time around the Christmas market;
- Train at 5:21 pm from Verona Porta Nuova;
- Arrival in Venice Santa Lucia around 7:00 pm.
You may also like
Special Offer Price