Why this tour?
Hop on a bike for a ride into the vineyard-covered hills of Valpolicella on this 4-hour afternoon tour from Verona. Leave Verona by bike and coast through stunning landescapes, past gorgeous venetian villas, leafy olive groves and rolling vineyards. Pair your scenic bike ride with a relaxing wine tasting session at a local Valpolicella winery.
Meet your guide at Castelvecchio in central Verona in the afternoon. Get outfitted with your bike and helmet, and pedal out of the city and into the Valpolicella countryside and hills, one of the most famous wine-producing areas in Italy, ranking just after Chianti in Tuscany. Enjoy the fresh air as you wind your way along a creek and through the vineyard-covered slopes above Verona on a mostly flat route.
Hop off your bike at a local winery and head inside for a wine tasting. Learn about Valpolicella’s winemaking heritage as you sip a selection of prized local wines, including light, fragrant valpolicellas typically made using corvina, rondinella and molinara grapes. Contrast Valpolicella’s light character with the intense flavors of the most famous Amarone wine, made from partially dried corvina grapes.
After your tastings, hop on your bike and cruise back to central Verona, for a total biking distance of 12.5 miles (20 km).
- Scenic bike ride into the vineyard-covered hills of Valpolicella;
- Wine tasting session at a local Valpolicella winery;
- Sample of the worldwide famous Amarone wine and other Valpolicella red wines;
- Expert sommelier speaking about winemaking;
- Limited capacity: maximum of 12 people per tour.
- Guided bike tour of Valpolicella wine area;
- Bicycle rental;
- Helmets rental;
- Wine tasting (5 wines);
- Live tour commentary provided in english;
- A rain coat (if necessary).
- Drinks and snacks not foreseen;
- Gratuities (optional);
- Hotel pickup and drop-off.
- Check-in is 5 minutes prior to the booked tour start time;
- Minimum age is 14 years;
- Children under 18 must always be accompanied by at least one adult;
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible;
- Minimum numbers of 2 apply;
- Maximum group size is 12 people;
- You must be able to ride a bicycle on your own.
You may also like
Special Offer Price