Why this tour?
Discover the Doge's Palace, one of the most important symbols of Venice and for centuries, the historical seat of the most important political power of the Serene Venetian Republic. Meet your professional guide in Saint Mark's Square who will escort you into this magnificent palace, to visit the halls of power, and immerse yourself in medieval Europe, among hundreds of masterpieces.
Dominating Saint Mark's Square, the heart of Venice, the Doge's Palace stands out for its size and its extraordinary structure, where Byzantine, European and Oriental architecture collide. Immediately entering the Palace you will pass through the great courtyard and admire the wealth of detail on the famous Golden Staircase.
Once inside the Palace, you will visit the halls where the Duke (Doge) and his Council controlled the fate of the Serene Republic, whilst surrounded by hundreds of artistic masterpieces and discover the political history of Venice and its people. You will be able to admire the paintings realised by some of the most important artists of the Italian Renaissance, amongst them, the world's largest oil painting by Tintoretto. Passing through the famous Bridge of Sighs, you will reach the new prisons. The bridge was given its name by the English poet Lord Byron, probably referring to the last breath of the prisoners, who had their last view of the lagoon and of Venice from the window of this bridge, before they were to be imprisioned.
This guided tour concludes in the courtyard of the Doge's Palace. Here it will be possible for you to stay longer inside the Palace absorbing the history and mystery of days gone by.
End the tour with a gondola ride, this is the perfect way to appreciate the beauty, charm and colour of this unique city built on water. This traditional Venetian mode of transport, departs from San Moise square, where you will be invited to relax aboard this historic vessel. Admire Venice from this amazing point of view, witness its magnificent architecture, and whilst gliding under its bridges, discover secret entrances to the elegant palaces and hidden corners of the city. This is not a guided tour - words are not required to embrace the beauty of seeing Venice from the water.
You will be assisted in boarding the Gondola, one of the most recognized symbols of Venice - up to 6 people per Gondola- at the landing stage of San Moisè. Experience how the locals were transported by these beautiful black, elegant rowing boats, throughout history. The Gondola originally built to navigate the canals of this unique city and still hand built in same way today, is recognized world-wide. With less than 500 Gondolas and Gondoliers remaining, it is an experience that you must not miss. You can be expected to admire the minor canals in the heart of Venice, soaking up the atmosphere of days gone-by, you will cover a short stretch of the Grand Canal, the most famous canal in the world, and then back through the narrow waterways return to the starting point in this 30 minute ride. Feel part of an ancient Venetian tradition and experience Venice from the water!
This 30 minute tour concludes in Campo San Moisè, a short walk from Saint Mark’s Square.
- Discover the history of the famous Doge's Palace;
- Admire the world′s largest oil painting by Tintoretto;
- View the impressive halls of the Sala del Maggior Consiglio;
- Visit the prisons of the Doge's Palace by crossing the Bridge of Sighs;
- A guided walk away from the crowds to discover hidden Venice;
- External visit of the most popular Venetian sights and hidden corners: the Fenice Theatre, the Bovolo Staircase and Rialto Bridge;
- Pick up from centrally located meeting point.
- Admission fees to the Doge's Palace and skip the line;
- Guided Tour of the area covering Saint Mark's Square and the Rialto Bridge;
- Shared gondola ride;
- Live tour commentary provided;
- Personal audio system and headset for tour commentary.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off;
- Food and drink;
- Optional gratuities;
- Hidden itineraries in the Doge's Palace.
- Check-in is 15 minutes prior to booked tour start time;
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible;
- Backpacks are not allowed inside the Doge's Palace;
- You should wear comfortable walking shoes;
- This tour operates rain or shine;
- Tour may be affected in case of high tides;
- If you keep the Doge's Palace ticket, at the end of the tour or the following day you will be allowed to visit the Correr Museum in Saint Mark's square.
- The Doge's Palace
- Gondola ride
You may also like
Special Offer Price