Commonly Asked Questions
- Are any tours suitable for people with mobility difficulties? How can I find out? The Venice Events team are always available by phone or email to answer your questions. If you are at all concerned please contact us. If we are not informed of particular difficulties, we cannot be held responsible if problems are incurred during a tour.
- Weather conditions - What happens if I have a gondola or a boat tour and it's raining heavily? 99% of the time our tours are never cancelled due to weather conditions. Boat tours and mini-van tours depart regardless of the weather. In Italy it can also be pouring with rain one minute, and five minutes later sunshine, therefore we as much as possible guarantee departure of tours. However, if the gondoliers decide it is too bad to do the tour, then we make every effort to move you to the next available tour. If this is not possible then of course a full refund would be given. However you must contact us BEFORE the time of departure and arrive at the meeting point.
- What happens if I am delayed and I can't get to the meeting point in time? Our meeting points are central and very clearly marked on maps. Tours have to depart punctually as there are booked times and we cannot keep gondolas, boats, guides waiting as there are other groups booked. If you find you are delayed traveling, you MUST called our office at least an hour before the tour departure time. If you do not advise us and do not show for the tour, then you will lose the tour and will not be entitled to a refund.
- I have booked and paid on-line but have not received pre-paid voucher, what should I do? Please contact us via email or phone and we will arrange to have the voucher re-sent to you.
- I cannot print my voucher, what should I do? If you have booked later and cannot get to a printer, then please make note of your reference number on the voucher confirmation and bring that with you. We may also ask for an identity card.
- What should I do if cannot find the meeting point for the tour? You should ensure you know the exact meeting point in advance of the tour/event and allow plenty of time to get there. If you still do not know where to go you must contact Venice Events office on (0039) 041 5239979 or outside office hours mobile (0039) 349 3054767. It is your responsibility to be at the meeting point at the correct time.